What should every girl have in her closet?
1. A little black dress – obviously! Preferably with some lace or sequins.
2. A killer suit – for the office.. or play
3. A classic winter coat
4. Ganster jeans that say – “I jaast don’t curr”!
5. A designer handbag that you’re too scared to mention the price of.
6. Lots of shoes. Lots!
7. Accessories that define your personality – Jewellery, scarves, sunglasses, hats etc.
8. Amazing lingerie – hopefully one set that matches (but it’s not a minimum requirement. You’re allowed to be creative)
9. Running/Training sneakers – we all need to try and lead healthier lifestyles
10. An outfit that you’ve reserved for the day when you reach your goal weight.. LOL;-)
I believe that clothes should be timeless. You should buy things that you’ll be able to wear beyond the “fashion seasons”. It’s also important to mix expensive pieces with some “ready to wear” easy pieces at times, in order to achieve that “effortless” look. There is no pre-defined sense of style that any one of us should feel compelled to adhere to. It’s all about how the clothes make you feel and how comfortably (operative word), they sit on your body. Quality is critical, no matter the price.
I love just about every item of clothing, shoes and accessories in my closet. And whenever I fall “out of love” with an item, I give it away to someone who’ll appreciate it or to a charitable organisation. It’s advisable that one conducts a “closet review” at least twice a year. One just before summer and the other just before winter.
Today, I’d like to share with you some of my favourite looks. It’s a mix of personal images and some images that I’ve sourced from Pinterest (my other favourite social media platform, after instagram). These images represent what, to me, is beauty, class, style and elegance. All according to the eyes of “moi” (french, pronounced as Mwa).
For access to more of my favourite looks, follow me on pinterest @VikaShipalana and Instagram @Vikas01cof.
Feel free to also share your pics with me and comment on what you find beautiful in your world of fashion and style!